Etna 2900 mt
During the day tour we will visit Mt. Etna from its southern side. Thanks to the Etna cableway that allows you to easily ascend from 2000 meters to the base of the summit craters of the Etna volcano and accompanied by a volcano-specialist guide (mandatory) we will reach the craters formed during the eruption in 2002/2003.
The first part of the ascent from 1950 to 2510 meters will take place by the cable car.
From the Etna cableway station, we will board the special UNIMOG vehicles, 4×4 off-road vehicles with 30 seats, will reach the base of the summit craters in the area called Torre del Filosofo (about 2900 meters).
In the further part of the trail, the terrain becomes tougher. During the trip, we will encounter view points from which we will enjoy amazing landscape of the Ionian Coast, from Taormina to Catania. We will see different forms of solidified lava and get to know about endemic vegetation of Etna.
Returning to the car park, we’ll take a look inside a Lava Tube.
We will have the opportunity to taste local honey, flavored olive oil, local wine and other Sicilian delicacies with a free tasting.
Price – € 120,00 each *
*for minimum 2 participants
The cable car + 4×4 bus ticket of € 66,00 is included
AVAILABLE APRIL TO DECEMBER
- Difficulty: easy
- Trip adapted for everyone – Kids? Ask me for info
- Duration: 5/6 h
- Altitude max: 2900 msl
- Licensed Naturalistic Guide
- Insurance included
- Pick up/Drop off included from Catania at 8.30 am
- 4×4 off road vehicle or SUV car
- Hiking poles
- Helmet and head torch.
What you need:
- Sports footwear or mountain boots and high socks
- Windproof jacket and layers
- Sunscreen and sun hat
- Snacks and water
- Clothes FAQ.
NOTE: Due to sudden changes in the volcanic risk on Etna and consequent prohibitions or even to the variability of weather conditions, the tour may undergo unpredictable changes.
The experience is flexible, can be tailored to suit your needs, including the extras.
- Pick up from outside of Catania and other destinations is possible for an additional fee
- Boots rental service upon request (write me first for details)
- Interpreter service (French-German-Russian) on request.