Pantalica is a naturally beautiful and peaceful place in the Iblean Mountains and contains more than 5,000 burial caves cut into the limestone and distributed in clusters along the walls, mainly dating back to the thirteenth to seventh centuries B.C. Situated in the gorge of the meandering Anapo River, where tracks and pathways bring you right up to the tombs, the area is full of colorful, flora, sounds, animals.
The first settlements date back to the 13th Century BC when some Sicilian coastal settlements were abandoned, possibly due to the arrival of the Siculi on the island, so the indigenous people, Sicani moved to the hinterland.
Since 2005 is a UNESCO Site.
Price – € 75,00 each*
* minimum 2 participants
AVAILABLE ALL YEAR
- Difficulty: easy
- Trip adapted for everyone – Kids? Ask me for info
- Duration: 6 h
- Licensed Naturalistic Guide
- Insurance included
- Hiking poles
What you need:
- Sports footwear and high socks
- Sunscreen and sun hat
- Snacks and water
The experience is flexible, can be tailored to suit your needs, including the extras.
- Pick up service is possible for an additional fee
- Boots rental service upon request (write me first for details)
- Interpreter service (French-German-Russian) on request.