Etna Hiking 2500
During the day tour we will visit Mt. Etna from its southern side and we will take the cable car to reach 2500 meters and then start the tour hiking along the trail to the viewpoint.
From here, you can admire the breathtaking landscape of the Valley of the Ox (Valle del Bove).
In the further part of the trail, the terrain becomes tougher. During the trip, we will encounter view points from which we will enjoy amazing landscape of the Ionian Coast, from Taormina to Catania. We will see different forms of solidifed lava and get to know about endemic vegetation of Etna.
Back to the car, we will take a look inside a Lava Tube with helmets and lights.
We will have the opportunity to taste local honey, flavored olive oil, local wine and other Sicilian delicacies with a free tasting.
Price – € 95,00 each
The cable car ticket of € 30,00 is included
AVAILABLE APRIL TO DECEMBER
- Difficulty: medium
- Height difference: +/-250m Hiking of 5 km +/-
- Duration: 6 h
- Altitude max: 2750 msl
- Licensed Naturalistic Guide
- Insurance included
- Pick up/Drop off included from Catania at 8.30 am
- 4×4 off road vehicle or SUV car
- Hiking poles
- Helmet and head torch.
What you need:
- Hiking shoes or mountain boots and high socks
- Windproof jacket
- Sunscreen and sun hat
- Snacks and water
- Clothes FAQ.
Note: this tour is suitable for people used to walking and in good health. Not adapted for small kids.
The experience is flexible, can be tailored to suit your needs, including the extras.
- Pick up from outside of Catania and other destinations is possible for an additional fee
- Boots rental service upon request (write me first for details)
- Interpreter service (French-German-Russian) on request.