Etna & Alcantara river
This tour combines some of the most suggestive places of the volcano and in the same day the famous Alcantara Gorges.
We will admire its old, extinct craters at an altitude of 2000 meters and amazing views of the Ionian Coast, from Taormina to Catania. Learn about its birth, structure, eruptions and more.
We will take a look inside a Lava Tube with helmets and lights. We will take a look of the Valle del Bove.
At the end, we will have the opportunity to taste local honey, flavored olive oil, local wine and other Sicilian delicacies with a free tasting.
After Mt. Etna, we will go to the Gole dell’ Alcantara (Gorges of the Alcantara River) where we will admire the amazing shapes of volcanic basalt formed around 3000 years ago.
Price – € 99,00 each*
* minimum 2 participants
AVAILABLE APRIL TO DECEMBER
- Difficulty: easy
- Trip adapted for everyone
- Duration: 8 h
- Altitude max: 2000 msl
- Licensed Naturalistic Guide
- Insurance included
- Pick up/Drop off included from Catania at 8.30 am
- 4×4 off road vehicle or SUV car
- Hiking poles
- Helmet and head torch.
What you need:
- Sports footwear or mountain boots and high socks
- Windproof jacket
- Sunscreen and sun hat
- Swimsuit and towel
- Water shoes/sandals: this could be essential if you don’t like to walk on rocks while you enter one of the natural pools. If you don’t mind rocky beaches/rivers, you don’t need them.
- Snacks and water
- Clothes FAQ.
Note: the tour includes car transfers between the various stops, easy walks for the visit of some points of interest and the transfer from Etna to the Alcantara Gorges (about 50 minutes).
The experience is flexible, can be tailored to suit your needs, including the extras.
- Pick up from outside of Catania and other destinations is possible for an additional fee
- Boots rental service upon request (write me first for details)
- Interpreter service (French-German-Russian) on request.