Etna & Alcantara river
This tour combines some of the most suggestive places of the volcano and in the same day the famous Alcantara Gorges.
We will admire its old, extinct craters at an altitude of 2000 meters and amazing views of the Ionian Coast, from Taormina to Catania. Learn about its birth, structure, eruptions and more.
We will take a look inside a Lava Tube with helmets and lights. We will take a look of the Valle del Bove.
At the end, we will have the opportunity to taste local honey, flavored olive oil, local wine and other Sicilian delicacies with a free tasting.
After Mt. Etna, we will go to the Gole dell’ Alcantara (Gorges of the Alcantara River) where we will admire the amazing shapes of volcanic basalt formed around 3000 years ago.
Price – € 120,00 per person*
* minimum 2 participants
AVAILABLE APRIL TO OCTOBER
A deposit of € 15,00 per person will be paid to the confirmation of your reservation.
- Difficulty: easy
- Trip adapted for everyone
- Duration: 8 h
- Altitude max: 2000 msl
- Licensed Naturalistic Guide
- Insurance included
- Pick up/Drop off included from Catania at 8.15 am (flexible time on request)
- 4×4 off road vehicle or SUV car
- Hiking poles
- Helmet and head torch.
What you need:
- Sports footwear or mountain boots and high socks
- Windproof jacket
- Sunscreen and sun hat
- Swimsuit and towel
- Water shoes/sandals: this could be essential if you don’t like to walk on rocks while you enter one of the natural pools. If you don’t mind rocky beaches/rivers, you don’t need them
- Snacks and water
- Clothes FAQ.
Note: the tour includes car transfers between the various stops, easy walks for the visit of some points of interest and the transfer from Etna to the Alcantara Gorges (about 50 minutes).
The experience is flexible, can be tailored to suit your needs, including the extras.
Cancellations with less than 48 houres will result in the loss of the deposit.
- Pick up from outside of Catania and other destinations is possible for an additional fee
- Boots rental service upon request (write me first for details).
“I aim on your experience making it both as personal and enjoyable as possible.”
Mount Etna Tours and Excursions
Discover the most active volcano in Europe with a daily excursions on Mount Etna.
Choose between a Mount Etna Jeep Tour or an Easy Hike on the lateral craters and a lava cave visit or the exciting excursions with the Mount Etna cable car to explore the summit area.
Enjoy a unique and unforgettable experience with Etna Tours. You can also experience an Etna tour combined with a wine tasting or a visit of the enchanting town of Taormina.